upgraded to WP 1.2.2 Mingusfara | 12/22/2004 | 12:08 am
noted earlier while at work that 1.2.2 was officially released.
decided to upgrade tonite. quite apprehensive about it
followed the instructions given in the download page on how to upgrade.
- backup database (just in case you screw up your upgrade – at least you managed to salvage your posts)
- delete all previous installation files (quite right! out with the old ~)
- upload the new WP files ( ~ in with the new!)
- run the upgrade file (nearly there)
- check that everything is in order
i got stuck at no. 5
the index page was complaining – had this whole load of mutterings in php speak
kept calm. read the error again. kept seeing repetitions of the word wp-comments.php.
ahh. so i managed to leave out 1 file in the upload (step 3). had planned to keep my old file but accidently deleted it (in step 2).
uploaded the default file. reloaded the page
and here you have it. epistle reloaded.
can’t spot the difference?
time to read the changelog then.